1. It's a day of joy, relief or angst — depending on your perspective. The big news, of course, is that Simsbury students go back to school today. Send your first day pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org!
2. Utility construction on Wolcott Road, near the sewer pump station (just north of the transfer station drive), is slated to begin today. Alternating one-way traffic will be maintained during construction. Alternative travel routes are suggested. Work is expected to be completed within 3 working days. See more here.
3. It's partly sunny with a chance of showers today.
4. The VNA is offering a free blood pressure screening today.
- If you have an event you'd like to promote, post it on Patch's awesome calendar.
- Do you have an opinion? Post it on Speak Out!
- Do you have something to announce to the world?
- Are you a business in town with news?
- Do you have something you'd like to buy sell or trade.