The deadline is May 31, and here's what you need to know, courtesy of the Simsbury Animal Control Department.
- Submit your entry by May 31 to the Town Clerk's Office.
- Click here to view the application online.
- One entry/contestant per household.
- Entrants must be at least 18 years of age and the owner of the dog.
- The contest is open to all Simsbury dog owners. Exception: Town Staff and previous Top Dog winners, in any category)
- The four winners will receive Simsbury dog tag numbers 1, 2, 3, or 4.
- Categories: Biggest Dog, Cutest Dog, Most Handsome Dog, Smallest Dog.
- Dogs must be 6 months old or older.
Send a photograph of your dog to the Town Clerk's Office.
- Photographs should be 4” X 6”. Digital photos must be in a jpeg format.
- Photos must be clear and be a full shot of the dog within the last 6 months.
- Winners’ photos may be on display and/or used for publication. Photos may be destroyed.
- We will notify the winners around June 1.
- In June, we will issue tags for July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2015, at the Town Hall. Proof of current rabies vaccination and spay/neuter certificate, if necessary, will be required prior to dispersal of tags and licenses.
- There is no fee to enter this contest.
Contact Animal Control Officer Mark Rudewicz between 8 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. at 860-658-3110; or call the Town Clerk’s Office between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. at 860-658-3243.