How many times have you told yourself, "I'm going to work out every day this year (or at least at all)" come the New Year?
Fitness is a common New Year's resolution, so anticipating that for 2013, Patch has come up with some suggestions for local gyms and fitness facilities you can consider to make your resolutions come to fruition.
Gyms and Fitness Places Near You
- Planet Fitness, 10 East St., East Granby, 860-844-1235
- Farmington Valley YMCA, 97 Salmon Brook St., Granby, 860-653-5524
- Granby Yoga Studio, 29 Hartford Ave., East Granby, 860-965-3886 or 860-466-0192
- East West Karate, 518 Salmon Brook St., Granby, (860) 653-6113
- New England Dance & Gymnastics Centers,11 Mill Pond Rd., Granby, 860-653-1974
Where to Go if You Don't Want a Gym Membership or Classes?
If money's tight or a gym isn't your preference, you don't have to let that get in the way of staying in shape.
Just put on some running shoes (and probably your Under Armour, a hat, gloves and warm layers in this weather) and go for a run in your neighborhood or on your favorite route in town.
Here's one trail you can go running or biking on in East Granby, for instance:
- Farmington Valley Greenway, Hartford Avenue, East Granby
Are you already in shape? Great, tell us your secret! Share your recommendations for places to go for a good workout in 2013 by posting a comment. Where do you go running in Granby or East Granby?