Whether you're an avid bicycle enthusiast or a casual rider, the organizers behind the National Bike Month celebration in Simsbury have packed the calendar with events for the entire community.
Bike Walk Simsbury has collaborated with local organizations and businesses to provide a wide range of events, activities and bargains during the month of May. Many of the events are free and others will serve as fundraisers to help pay for the new bike sculpture that will be unveiled on May 19.
“This is a fabulous partnership between the business community and bicycle advocates,” Bike Walk Simsbury volunteer Ann Marie Potter said.
Here's a list of events and special deals made possible by local Simsbury businesses:
- will host a Guest Bartender Night on May 9 with a portion of sales going toward the bike sculpture- and donations will be accepted
- Fundraiser on May 25 – 50% of greens fees all day go toward bike sculpture
- will donate a portion of sales of the "Bike Pizza" to the Bike sculpture during during May
- will give 10 percent off a “Bike Month Massage”during May if you call and mention National Bike Month
- is offering free coffee with breakfast during May if you mention National Bike Month
- is serving a “Livestrong Caramel Latte Chiller”all month
- is leading several free bike rides and conducting safety and maintenance checks at Kids' Bike Rodeo.
- is organizing the Trail Ride & Gentle Yoga Classon May 5. Registration and fee.
- Mitchell Auto Group is sponsoring a free Mike Steidley Mountain Bike Stunt Show.
- is donating photo services to bike sculpture fundraising efforts.
- is in the process of creating a unique necklace with the bike sculpture as the charm. A portion of necklace sales will go toward the sculpture. Selig hopes to have the necklace available by May 19, when the bike sculpture will be unveiled.
For more information and a complete calendar of events for National Bike Month visit the Bike Walk Simsbury! website.