Mary A. Glassman, First Selectman
Simsbury’s Septemberfest, Arts and Crafts Festival, Grange Agricultural Fair Highlight Fall Events
As summer draws to a close, Simsbury residents should be sure to mark their calendars for three perennial favorites: Septemberfest, the Arts and Crafts Festival and the Grange Agricultural Fair!
- Septemberfest: This year will be the second year of the return of Septemberfest to the Performing Arts Center under the auspices of the Performing Arts Center Board. As in the past, it will feature lots of children’s activities, food booths featuring the best of our local restaurants, the Home Improvement Show, business booths, music and much, much more. Parking and admission are free. The dates and hours are:
- Friday, September 6 from 5:00 pm to 10 pm;
- Saturday, September 7 from 11:00 am to 10:00 pm (including the Home Improvement Show); and
- Sunday, September 8 from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm.
We are grateful to the Simsbury Chamber of Commerce for offering Septemberfest for many years – and we are very grateful to the Performing Arts Center Board for bringing back a wonderful Simsbury tradition.
- Arts and Crafts Festival: The Simsbury Woman's Club is hosting its 44th Annual Arts and Crafts Festival on Saturday, September 14, 2013 and Sunday September 15, 2013. This is a wonderful event, featuring over 100 artists and craftsmen with something for every taste. In addition to the exhibits, the Festival will offer food and includes a bake sale. It will be held on Iron Horse Boulevard from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., rain or shine, on the 14th and the 15th. This is another great tradition – the Simsbury Woman’s Club has done an incredible job with this Festival for years and I strongly encourage everybody to attend.
- Grange Agricultural Fair: On Saturday September 14th, from 10am-3pm, the Simsbury Grange is hosting an Agricultural Fair at the Simsbury Grange Hall, 236 Farms Village Road. The Fair is free and open to the public and will feature a bake sale and craft fair, children’s activities, Flamig Farm Hayrides, and refreshments. Anyone interested in more information can visit www.simsburygrange.org, and we look forward to seeing you there!
Simsbury Returns to Money Magazine’s Top 50 Best Places to Live
Simsbury has once again made Money Magazine’s Top 50 Best Places to Live! After being ranked 39th in 2011 and taking a year off in 2012, Simsbury made its comeback onto the list in 2013, ranking 50th. The fact that we have repeatedly been recognized as one of the top places to live is a testament to this community and everything it has to offer – from its schools, to its wonderful businesses, to its bike paths, and to so much more. The article highlights our rich history, our commitment to open space, our boutiques, farmer’s markets, and of course its five-star restaurants. Anyone interested in the article can look at the list at money.cnn.com!