In case you missed something, here's a look at what's been happening in Simsbury lately:
Photo of the Week: Al Miller submitted a great photo of a massive spider web. Check out Al's photo and more in the Simsbury Patch Pics & Clips gallery.
Monday, September 24
- We're hosting a debate! The Patch 2012 Voice of the Voter Debate will be held on Wednesday, October 3 at 7 p.m. Yes, it's the same night as the first Presidential debate, but we'll get you out in time to catch most of it!
- Situations like the suspected murder-suicide in Simsbury that left two dead last Wednesday night are not the norm for the Farmington Valley or West Hartford. Here's a look at the history of murders in the valley.
- Elizabeth Marie "Beth" Day, 24, was planning to break up with her live-in boyfriend Michael Wawrzyniak, 25, and move with their 14-month-old son Dominik from Simsbury to her parents’ house in Canton, according to her family.
Tuesday, September 25
- Removal of a dam on the Farmington River with the goal of restoring historic fish migrations has been accomplished with the aid of a grant of nearly $150,000 from the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving.
- A Simsbury High School graduate died Sunday after she was struck by a car while crossing a street in Denver, Colo.
- After the murder of her roommate's sister Laura LaPlante decided to organize a fundraiser to help the Day family.
Wednesday, September 26
- A flood of family and friends gathered to remember a young mother and friend to many who died in a tragic shooting in Simsbury last week.
- Denver police towed a vehicle that matches the description of the car involved in a hit-and-run accident that killed a Simsbury native on Sunday.
Thursday, September 27
- New England Urgent Care owner says his business efficiently treats injuries and illnesses which might otherwise result in a costly and lengthy emergency room visit. They are located in West Hartford and Enfield and will soon open in Simsbury.
- Recent Simsbury home sales include 23 Metacom Drive, 103 Hilltop Drive, 1 Deer Park Road, 12 Stratton Forest Way, and 39 Ashton Circle.
- Police are investigating a crash on Hedgehog Lane that injured two drivers Thursday night.
- A Salmonella outbreak led to more than 100 nut butter spreads recalled, now including Cashew Butter, Tahini and Roasted Blanched Peanut Products.
Friday, September 28
- A moose was spotted along the Farmington River in Collinsville Thursday morning and photographed from the Collinsville Canoe and Kayak parking lot by manager Melissa Post.
- Here's the Simsbury Police arrest log for the week of Sept. 14-20.
- Denver police have arrested a man in connection with a hit-and-run accident that killed a Simsbury native early Sunday morning.
- With the fall season officially underway, Farmington Valley residents are looking toward a favorite activity in the area and throughout New England — farm visits for fall produce and picking, hayrides, cider and much more.