Story Updated 1:26 p.m.
All businesses at the Fiddler's Green plaza in downtown Simsbury have reopened after police and firefighters responded to a gas leak at Joe Pizza Restaurant.
Shortly after 12 p.m., Joe Pizza General Manager Ben Lee discovered a gas leak in the basement of the restaurant where a hose had been disconnected from the hot water heater.
"I'm not sure how, it wasn't done by any of our employees," Lee said.
Police closed the northbound lane of traffic on Hopmeadow Street and Wilcox Street was closed while firefighters were investigating the scene.
Lee said he heard the gas leak when he was in the basement and immediately reported it to Fiddler's Green property manager Kevin Lazich who sounded the fire alarm.
Employees and occupants of the surrounding buildings were evacuated. No injuries have been reported.
Deputy Chief Kevin Kowalski of the Simsbury Volunteer Fire Department said that units from Simsbury, Avon and Bloomfield responded to the call.
Kowalski said that the building - both the upstairs and basement - had been secured.
Joe Pizza remained closed for part of the afternoon while repairs were made to the gas line. Other businesses in the plaza reopened once the main gas line was disconnected.