Firefighters managed to contain the damage from a possible chimney fire Tuesday, saving a single-story, one-family house at 176 West Granby Road.
A call about the fire was made at 12:04 p.m., and members from the Lost Acres, East Granby, East Hartland and Simsbury fire departments responded, said Lost Acres Fire Chief Wayne Bindas.
"The members came in and did a great job," Bindas said. "We saved the house."
The fire is still under investigation but appears to have started in a living room fireplace. Firefighters saw smoke coming from both ends of the house when they arrived, Bindas said.
Firefighters were able to keep the fire from spreading to the rest of the house, and the fire was declared under control at 12:40 p.m.
Bindas said the building inspector would determine if the home's residents would be able to stay in the house tonight. No one was injured.