Just in case you missed something, here's a look at last week's stories on Simsbury Patch:
Monday, August 6
- The Simsbury Arts Academy celebrated its fifth year this summer.
- It's primary week, find out how much your neighbors have donated.
- Dr. William Petit marries Avon Wedding Photographer.
Tuesday, August 7
- Check out photos of bears swimming in pools, turtles on Iron Horse Boulevard and more in the Simsbury Patch Pics & Clips gallery.
- Septemberfest is back again! This year the event kicks off with fireworks.
Wednesday, August 8
- We could be looking at a spike in school snow days this year, here's why.
- The First Company Governor's Horse Guards passed through Simsbury during an annual training event, see the photos and video here.
- A local non-profit is sponsoring a day of free haircuts for local autistic kids and their siblings. Find out more here.
- West Nile virus has been discovered in 32 Connecticut towns. Find out who's at risk.
Thursday, August 9
- $1 million Lucy Way home tops the chart for weekly real estate sales. See what other homes have sold.
- Primary turnout could be better than expected. Here's what you need to know before heading to the polls.
- The fourth annual Taste of Simsbury will feature some of the regions best bites. Find out who will be there.
Friday, August 10
- Here's the latest arrests from the Simsbury Police Department.
- More of local artist Vicente Garcia's work will be seen and used at Simsbury Public Library.
- A late-night spree of thefts from unlocked cars in Simsbury have led police to remind residents of this one important thing.