[Updated 10:31 a.m. on Saturday Feb. 9] Submitted by Simsbury High School: Due to the inclement weather, the Saturday matinee and evening performances of 'Annie' have been cancelled. A Sunday evening performance has been added at 7:00 p.m. Ticket holders for the cancelled Friday and Saturday performances will be refunded, or tickets can be exchanged for either of the remaining performances at the box office. Please arrive at least 20 minutes before curtain time. Ticket holders may attend one of the following shows: - Sunday matinee 2/10 @ 2:00 pm (Added snow date) - Sunday evening 2/10 @ 7:00 pm (Original date) Ticket holders requesting a refund from the cancelled Friday or Saturday night performances should contact the box office at (860) 658-0451, ext. 662.
[Updated 7:55 a.m. on Saturday Feb. 9] A travel ban remains in effect in the state of Conn. while crews continue cleanup efforts.
Simsbury Patch will be updating this list of businesses and town offices that are open/closed during the February snow storm. The Simsbury Main Street Partnership is helping Patch keep track of open/closed businesses.
- Simsbury Public Schools
- Simsbury town offices
- Harvest Cafe will be closed Friday night and Saturday. The cafe will re-open on Sunday
- Millwright's Restaurant will be closed Friday night
- Abigail's Grille & Wine Bar will be closed Friday night
What's Open?—[Update 7 p.m., Friday Feb. 8—This list is subject to change depending on the severity of the storm overnight] Call ahead to be sure and stay off the roads when possible.
- Red Stone Pub will be open Friday night
- Welden Hardware—[Update—Friday 7 p.m. Welden Hardware is now closed] At 12 p.m. there were 2 generators left, plenty of batteries, roof rakes, etc. Will remain open as long as roads are safe
- Most gas stations
- Most grocery/convenience stores
- Most pharmacies
Do you own or manage a Simsbury business or organization that is remaining open or closing early due to the storm? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to this list.